This locomotive was used to shunt the St James Gate brewery sidings in Dublin. Built 1895, it was withdrawn from service in 1956. It is now preserved in the Narrow Gauge Museum at Tywyn station on the Tallyllyn railway. Its sister locomotive, no. 17, is preserved at the brewery. These locomotives were built to the narrow gauge, 1' 10", of the brewery system, but with an ingenious converter wagon, they could also work the broad gauge sidings of the main line.
For a detailed description of the brewery railways see the Industrial Railway Society website.
|3||Hudswell Clarke||0-4-0ST||1915||1965 - Preserved|
|13||Spence||0-4-0T||1895||1956 - Preserved|
|15||Spence||0-4-0T||1895||1957 - Preserved|
|17||Spence||0-4-0T||1902||1951 - Preserved|
|23||Spence||0-4-0T||1921||1966 - Preserved|
|24||Spence||0-4-0T||1921||1967 - Preserved|
Contact Graeme Wall
© Greywall Productions 2003